This is the first year I’ll be able to enjoy Dallas’ restaurant week, and trust me, I’m finalizing my reservations as we speak. For those of you who don’t know about Restaurant Week, it’s a time when frugal foodies can enjoy some of Dallas’ top tier restaurants without footing the expensive bill. Participating restaurants will offer a set menu for the price of $35 — and 20 percent of that goes to the North Texas Food Bank.
The specials will run from August 12 — August 18, and here are some of the restaurants in and around the Park Cities that are participating:
- Bijoux (French food)
- Cafe Pacific (Seafood)
- The Capital Grille (Traditional American)
- Central 214 (Traditional American)
- Fearing’s at the Ritz-Carlton (New American)
- Hibiscus (New American)
- The Mansion Restaurant (New American)
- Nick & Sam’s Grill (New American)
- Rathburn’s Blue Plate Kitchen (Southern)
- Shinsei (Asian Fusion & Sushi)
- Sissy’s Southern Kitchen & Bar (Southern)
Stressed about how you’re going to fit in meals at all of these restaurant in one week? Don’t be. The week has basically been extended into a month — preview week is August 9 — 11, and many restaurants extend their specials to August 31. For the full list look here.